Air fryer sweet potato fries, the healthier and just plain better cousin of the traditional French fry, are super simple and quick to make. We promise you won’t be in the kitchen all day making this delish dish!
Cooking with an air fryer is definitely a more recent way of preparing food quickly while not missing out on the flavor. If you have not joined the air fryer nation, we encourage you to give it a try. We have enjoyed making several dishes with our air fryer and this was one that we thought would go perfectly with sending the kids back to school.
In true back to school fashion, you are likely finding that you are running out of ideas for quick afterschool snacks…and school just started! Don’t fret, we have a fantastic recipe that will make everybody happy. Before we give you our super-secret recipe (well, I guess it cannot be that secret since I’m posting it LOL), we had to share the benefits of course.
Not Greasy and Deep Fried
We all love a good French fry; but does it always have to be fried in icky, artery-clogging grease? NOPE, it does not! By using an air fryer to create these air fryer sweet potato fries, you remove the grease and need to deep fry. However, you keep the crispiness that every fry must have to be considered DELISH!
Healthy and Nutritious
Ok ok, we hate to be the ones to break it to you…traditional French fries are NOT good for you! Yes, we know that you are eating potatoes; but honestly, by the time it is done being prepared, any nutrition that was in the potato is gone. Sweet potatoes have the following:
The magnesium helps with stress and anxiety and who does not need that these days!
With the high amount of fiber sweet potatoes contain, no one in the family will be stuck in the bathroom eating these digestive allies!
- Vitamin A
All the extra time that we are all spending in front of devices from cell phones to computer screens means that our eyes will need a little more help to stay healthy. Since sweet potatoes are full of Vitamin A, it gives a much-needed boost to our eye health. Now that we’ve told you how great air fryer sweet potato fries are, we will FINALLY give you the recipe! Enjoy!
AIR FRYER SWEET POTATO FRIES
4 to 6 servings
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into ½” by 3” sticks
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil (or oil of your choice)
- ½ teaspoon each: Nutmeg, Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon each: Smoked paprika, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Salt and Pepper
- Pre-heat air fryer to 360 degrees.
- In a medium-sized bowl, toss sweet potatoes with oil.
- In a small bowl, mix spices together and toss with sweet potatoes.
- Once the air fryer reaches 360 degrees, put a single layer of sweet potato fries inside the basket. You will cook these in 2 batches, maybe 3.
- Set timer for 10 mins and cook. Once the timer goes off, shake the basket of fries, turning them over, and reset your time for another 10 mins. If you want them crispier, cook an additional 6 minutes.
- Remove fries, being careful as the basket is hot. Then add the remainder of uncooked sweet potato fries in a single layer and set the timer for 10 mins and follow step 5 again.
- Serve fries with ketchup or sauce of your choice. Sprinkle with additional salt if needed.